RE: HIST: Dr. Bernice

  • Subject: RE: HIST: Dr. Bernice
  • From: Laetitia Munro <lmmunro@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 03:13:59 +0000

Glad to hear that Presby was not the only source of Dr Bernice, although
today, I don't know of anyone growing it which did not come from the Presby
collection that I distributed. I was not 'into' iris back in 1995, but
fortunately Phil recognized it and knew if from a few years ago, which should
be additional proof that it is correct.
Yes, Phil has 'vetted' all the pictures on the HIPS site, although there are
quite a few pictures up there and there may be a few questionable ones. DB was
vetted long before the website went up, as I was sending him photos from
Presby to ascertain their 'given' names.
Lauries picture of Dr Bernice on the HIPS website is the same one that I have
been passing around, although her picture really makes it look quite good.
Since you mentioned, Andromede might have a problem; looks alot like Lent
Williamson to me, which was growing rampant in the Presby bed that Andromede
came from (it  eventually landed in Mike Unser's hands, so I can see where
that one may be questionable). It may be a similar looking iris; That was a
very bad year for Presby. There is nothing left of Andromede at Presby today.
Laetitia

(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222377040x1201454360/aol?redir=http
://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Jun