Re: Re: HYB: self incompatibility (was PHOTOS striped standard MTB seedling)

  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB: self incompatibility (was PHOTOS striped standard MTB seedling)
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 05:02:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Linda,
Just to make sure I wasn't misunderstood. I'm only repeating what I've heard about the general self-incompatibility of beardeds. I haven't done any controlled selfings to test that idea. And I have seen in some of the irisregister.com pedigrees, some reported cases of selfing. So some beardeds would appear to be at least partially self-compatible.

It would make an interesting experiment to test a bunch of different cultivars for self-compatibility - too late here for this season - I did probably my last cross this morning.
Tom