Re: HIST: Dr. Bernice

In a message dated 6/1/2009 11:01:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
lmmunro@hotmail.com writes:

It  eludes me why such a tough little thing didn't seem to be growing in
any  historic collections that I knew, except for Presby.

Well, to quote your own good self, that is a question only you can answer.

As I said, it was documented by HIPS in the mid-1990s as being  in no fewer
than two HIPS collections, and may, in fact, have  been in more. I will add
that least one of those collectors is in  Virginia, and, to my certain
knowledge, did claim, in  1996, to grow the iris.

So, 'Dr. Bernice' (Hooper, 1867), has apparently circulated at  different
times from at least two origins, unless the earlier  circulation also started
at Presby.

Thank you, again.

Cordially,

Anner Whitehead