Re: HYB: genetics (was flatties)

  • Subject: Re: HYB: genetics (was flatties)
  • From: irischapman@aim.com
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 22:08:09 -0400

Don't get discouraged Linda. Combining two recessives into one plant is tricky, but if you follow proceedures outlined you reduce crosses needed. If you don't follow a plan, it just becomes a crap shoot.

With a lot of recessives lurking around, you could have increaed probabilities.

With what you are doing, you have a great chance to select appropriate F1 seedlings. thoise that bloom earliest, have best number of increases and having lower leaf count for initiating bloom are all positive forward going triats for rebloom. Select best F1 and you are well on your way.

Chuck Chapman