Re: Re: HYB: self incompatibility

  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB: self incompatibility
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 22:12:24 -0400

It's raining again as I write this. It started at the beginning of bloom season and we've only had a few rain-free days since -- two days being the longest stretch. The bees weren't having any better luck than I in making crosses until the last few days of bloom -- then they went wild. I had to shoo them away as I worked the flowers. All in all, though, they seem to have good taste. I have so few successful crosses this year that I'm going to let the bee pods on important flowers mature and will probably plant them. It's also time to construct new beds for this year's seedlings, though I'm tempted to use the wood to build an ark. -- Griff

----- Original Message ----- From: "Linda Mann" <lmann@lock-net.com>