Re: Re: HYB: self incompatibility

  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB: self incompatibility
  • From: christian foster <flatnflashy@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 14:09:42 -0700 (PDT)

Tsk, tsk, tsk,

Please excuse me a moment while I step up on my soap-box.

Am I the only one whose noticed? If the weather forecast isn't "clear and breezy and 76*F" then the news anchorpersons shake their heads as if they've just seen a story about starving children in Ethiopia- even when the forecast is perfectly appropriate for the time of year.<whew>

All that said, I sometimes pause to wonder.  If you were the weather machine, wouldn't the collective force of all this positive/negative energy be just plain irritating?

<dusts off soap box.  Re-tapes soap box where cardboard has collapsed under enormous weight.  Returns soap box to startled Wal-mart stocker.>

Having said that, grumble-grumble-whine-complain... stupid rain... stupid homework... stupid video game... only made 66 crosses and got 18 known pods. (Compared to 500 crosses/126 total pods last year.)   Two clumps have very promising bee pods.  One on an as yet unidentified orange historic big enough to be at least 50 seeds, and two on a child of Huckleberry Fudge that was a child of the drought, met the goals for the cross, and was reselected.

At least there's a little dream fodder to mark the 09 season.