Re: HYB: pod ripening

  • Subject: Re: HYB: pod ripening
  • From: christian foster <flatnflashy@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 21:41:24 -0700 (PDT)

I routinely harvest my pods while seeds are still white.  I am having higher germination rates each successive year regardless of the age of the pod.

I suspect, at my house at least, that the two factors that most significantly limit germination are; too much water in the burrito and the development of molds in the burrito.  From the results I'm getting this year it seems-no hard data here- that 8cc of water per 50 seeds is about right.  As far as the molds go, I think these are the result of the the warm cycles that "we" like to use.