Re:Re: HYB: pod ripening/germination

  • Subject: Re:Re: HYB: pod ripening/germination
  • From: irischapman@aim.com
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 23:09:30 -0400

I have 'hatched" seeds many times in a fridge over summer. Normal fridge temperature. These are planted flats of seeds that didn't germinate over winter. Inevitably the seeds are germinating after three months at this temperature, as long as they didn't dry out. They start to germinate in fridge.

Great germination this past winter in cold room in garage. I had a small space heater on low to kkep them from freezing. the ones that dried out didn't germinate well and are now in barn fidge.

Worst germination ever was when I had seeds in cold greenhouse. The high temperatures resulted in very low levels of germination.

Chuck Chapman