Re: Re:Re: HYB: pod ripening/germination

  • Subject: Re: Re:Re: HYB: pod ripening/germination
  • From: christian foster <flatnflashy@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 17:15:08 -0700 (PDT)

David,

I don't really.  My bloom season is usually April 25th-ish to May 25th-ish.  I harvest all pods around the 4th of July, so that's roughly six weeks for the last pod.

When I harvest I do occasionally find some seed that are still pink/white, and maybe a little small.  So far I don't have hard data to say that these younger seeds are less viable.  I'm getting germination in "all" pods, so right now I'm satisfied.

There are several reports in the archives of pods that have been broken off early, and allowed to "age".  Maybe there is some new data on those pods.

Christian