Re: HYB: pod ripening/germination

  • Subject: Re: HYB: pod ripening/germination
  • From: irischapman@aim.com
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 23:36:52 -0400

I only use the barn fridge during summer, for those seeds that didn't germinate the previous winter. One year I didn't take them out until Dec. They were frozen solid when I took them out, but they showed no problem when thawed out. They were faily tall and basiucally white.

Seeds are dried out before planting. The seeds for the past two years were soaked and washed daily for 5-10 days before planting. This has increased germination rate.

Chuck Chapman