Re: HYB: pod ripening/germination

  • Subject: Re: HYB: pod ripening/germination
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 15:29:27 -0400

For the umpteenth time - burrito'ing isn't for everybody - if outdoor germination works for you and gives you results you are happy with, by all means DON'T go to the extra trouble.

And if outdoor germination gives satisfactory results, I'd be very surprised if burrito'ing/soaking etc changed things.

Outdoor germination just doesn't give satisfactory results for everybody! microclimate here is <not> good for most cultivars available commercially which is why I started breeding them in the first place.

That's why.

Mike Greenfield wrote:
<Why bother with all this burrito stuff? >

John Bruce wrote:
<I don't know why everyone goes to all this trouble for iris seeds. From what I have read from the burrito experiments, I see no better results.>