Re: HYB: germination data-terms

  • Subject: Re: HYB: germination data-terms
  • From: Anita Moran <avmoran1@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 06:41:03 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

I am going to have to disagree with you as well. A seed that has produces a root sprout and fails is the same as an egg that fails to hatch, it is still a failure and these should not be included in a count.  In fact the Diffinition of Germinations is:

"Germination is the growth of an embryonic plant contained within a seed; which results in the formation of the seedling."

So if only a root is produced it is technically a failed germination since it did not result in a seedling.

Good thinking though