Re: pod size vs. seed quantity

  • Subject: Re: pod size vs. seed quantity
  • From: autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 19:52:37 -0400

<<going to be disappointing if it's just thick walls.>>

Quite often the very small pods will give 40+ seed while the huge ones will give 10-15. It's truly a random thing. Over 20 + years, I've not been able to estimate the number of seed based on the size of the pod. I'm more likely to be able to guess the contents of "bee" pods. (seed or air)

Betty W.

There is a lot of variability with pods on the same stalk. Some are like the end of my pinkie finger and others are larger than both thumbs together. That's
going to be disappointing if it's just thick walls.

David
IN
z5b