Re: HYB: traits passed on?

  • Subject: Re: HYB: traits passed on?
  • From: irischapman@aim.com
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 06:44:29 -0400

I'd just throw it away. There is nothing there that you couldn't get
 from another cross, but lots of bad traits, so why bother.  It is easy
to keep and use just because it is your cross, but unless there is a
special trait or genetics you can't get somewher else ther is no point.
  The size may be a recessive and it may be able to produce better
flowers with right cross, but you are carrying forward bad traits that
will carry forward into future generations. We need to eliminate these
type of genes from any future generations, i order to get a better
selection from each future generation.

Chuck Chapman