Re: OT: Archives linked to Google?

  • Subject: Re: OT: Archives linked to Google?
  • From: ChatOWhitehall@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 12:27:20 EDT

In a message dated 6/30/2009 12:01:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jijones@usjoneses.com writes:

Official  response from John:

We did nothing specifically to link our archives to  Google. Google
just found us with their web crawler. The iris-talk  archives have
always been open to the public.

I don't know  that there is anything we could do to keep any
webcrawler out, nor  am I sure that we would want to. At the moment I
really don't have  an opinion on the issue regardless of whether we
could do anything  about it or not..

So, I guess it must just be coincidental that this  hit-inducing change---
and the resulting higher internet profile for all  posters, past and
present--- comes to one's attention around the time the  Archives start showing a
lot of advertising.

Silly old me to wonder about such things.

Thanks for the official explanation, John.

Cordially,

Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA