Re: Cult: Buliding up sand...
  • Subject: Re: Cult: Buliding up sand...
  • From: "Pat" <patciris@wmca.net>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 08:20:05 -0700

Here in Northern Nevada we live on an ancient sea bed of fine alkaline sand. I add thoroughly dry horse manure to the beds when I dig and rebuild every three years. I also use a triple 10 to 15 fertilizer, superphosphate and iron with the spring planting as well as feeding the established plants. In the fall I work in superphosphate around each clump. It's a lot of work but my results are worth it. Now if I could just control the late freezes that destroy the buds.

Pat Canter
Winnemucca, NV
----- Original Message ----- From: "Adam Cordes" <adambo_iris@yahoo.com>