re: Cult: Buliding up sand...
iris@hort.net
  • Subject: re: Cult: Buliding up sand...
  • From: "Tom Waters" <irises@telp.com>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 14:18:56 -0600

I have a loamy sand soil. I dig in a couple inches of cotton bur compost
before planted, then keep them watered and weeded. This is my second year
and everything is growing wonderfully. I garden organically -  much has
been written about synthetic fertilizers doing harm to the soil over the
long term.

Tom Waters

Telperion Oasis ~ www.telp.com/irises

Cuyamungue, New Mexico, USA (zone 6)