Re: Breeding Blacks was iris DIGEST V1 #1460
iris@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Breeding Blacks was iris DIGEST V1 #1460
  • From: "Michael Sutton" <info@suttoniris.com>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 11:59:14 -0700

sometime in the 1990s i was trying to breed for a black and orange iris....ignorantly crossing black by orange and orange by black. got a bunch of deep black seedlings plus some others (all very poorly formed). I don't remember what the parentages were but i think before the storm and jolt were in them.... found another way to get black and orange so have stopped pursuing that avenue..don't know if that helped or not
Mike Sutton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chuck Chapman" <irischapman@aim.com>