RE: Breeding Blacks was iris DIGEST V1 #1460
  • Subject: RE: Breeding Blacks was iris DIGEST V1 #1460
  • From: "Francelle Edwards" <fjmjedwards@q.com>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 10:58:38 -0700

I got some nice black seedlings from crossing Wearing Rubies (Dark red) with
Epicenter (Burgandy on yellow plicata).  They showed no plicata markings in
the first generation.  One of these has been introduced, Midnight Kitty, a
very black iris with black beards surounded by a few white lines.
Strangely, it has both orange and green lines on the style arms, not visable
except in the heart of the blossom.
Francelle Edwards