Re: building up sand for iris culture
  • Subject: Re: building up sand for iris culture
  • From: Adam Cordes <adambo_iris@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 08:07:32 -0700 (PDT)

Eugene, and Mary, too.

Thanks for your advice.

Yes, I think the BEST idea is to build up soil in a different area, and move
the clumps.  Then work on the current location.  However ... sometimes failed
expectations of new growers turn the situation into negative experiences --
that was pretty wordy, wasn't it?  I mean to say that this particular cousin
might not be so enthused with irises if they're not going to bloom.  But I can
hardly blame the irises... they need nutrients just like we do!  None of us
live on corn chips and water... ;-)

I'm going to start off with the diluted Miracle Gro idea ... and try it out
myself, too! :-)  Thanks, everyone!