Re: International Seed Exchange???
  • Subject: Re: International Seed Exchange???
  • From: Robert Pries <robertpries@embarqmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 07:52:18 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Mark:  You have a splendid idea. I have been thinking along the same lines for some time now. My current focus has been revitalizing the Dwarf Iris Society. I have already proposed a seed exchange that we expect to start this fall in DIS. Of course SIGNA, the Aril Society International, The Pacific Coast Natives and the Median Society all have seed exchanges for their members. As a board member of AIS and chair of Public relations and marketing I have also considered the possibility for AIS to create something like this. Presently I am overwhelmed with tasks. The Iris Encyclopedia still absorbs a huge amount of my time. I am tremendously thankful for the 370 users that also work on it. Together we either have about 57% or 75% of it complete depending on how you measure. But there are so many people already stressed it seems unlikely that another new seed exchange we happen soon. It would take several volunteers. Do I hear any interest?