Re: International Seed Exchange???
  • Subject: Re: International Seed Exchange???
  • From: Bill Chaney <billchaney@ymail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 23:21:03 -0700 (PDT)

I think it is a fun idea.  There are some issues with shipping seeds across
borders.  Importing seeds into the US requires a permit from APHIS, but
getting one is not too painful (I did it).  A friend in Europe shipped seed to
the US and it was all destroyed by customs because there was no permit.

of the iris groups have seed exchanges now, relying on donated seeds (SIGNA
and MIS to name a couple) but not much TB seed ever shows up in these

I say if you want to try it Mark, by all means go for it!