Re: HYB: International Seed Exchange ???
iris@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: HYB: International Seed Exchange ???
  • From: Mark Lazzaro <rooboy24@gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 20:43:59 +1000

Hi Mary Lou,

Thanks for your comments.

Time is the thing that most stands out to me in your post.

If I desire an overseas produced iris in my breeding program, I have no
idea if a local nursery is going to import that particular iris and if they
do, then it will be a number of years before sufficent stock is built up to
be made available locally.

By having the cross made and seed sent I can have those bloodlines in my
breeding program much sooner.

I would be interest to know your procedure for freezing and storing pollen.

Mark