Re: "OT-BIO: " - Jane

The plant will bloom on budset from garden of origin. After that plant will die a slow death as you don't have enough of a cool period for it to survive long term in your climate.

Chuck Chapman

-----Original Message-----
From: Jane Clemmer <6f526e791@rewrite.hort.net>
To: iris <iris@hort.net>
Sent: Tue, Jun 3, 2014 2:50 pm
Subject: [iris] "OT-BIO: " - Jane

Hi:  I am a 3 year resident of Florida (Venice, west coast)(zone 9b) and
trying to learn how to garden down here. Last fall I planted (which I have never had before) some tall bearded iris (Beverly Sills reblooming) and Purple de Oro day lilies. They have all come up and most have flowered beautifully -
but . . .

1)  the leaves are now turning yellow from the tips back down to
the bulb - can't get answers from local master gardener site ... what do I
need to do to fix this?

2)  there were some critters (bugs/beetle types) in a
few of the flower pockets (don't know what they are called) and I scooped them
out and squished them (ugh!) - but I haven't seen any since.

We are in our
rainy season now and all seem to be ok except for the yellowing of the leaves.
I would appreciate any help.  The Beverly Sills flowers are gorgeous!

for being there for me.