Re: iris DIGEST V1 #286
iris@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: iris DIGEST V1 #286
  • From: Susan Grigg <101d@rewrite.hort.net>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2014 13:16:13 -0400

Jane, I agree the 'Beverly Sills' is beautiful, but in your climate there are many other varieties of iris that will do well. Google "Louisiana iris" or "water-loving iris" and you'll discover that Florida can grow iris other than tall bearded. You might try the American Iris Society website for the best in information about irises, www.irises.org.
Good luck,
Susan Grigg
Zone 7b