Marie Caillet

    This week I got my 1st copy of Fine Gardening, in it is a very good
artical by Marie Caillet and all the work she's done with Louisiana
    I see no reson why those Iris can't grow and bloom here in Hawaii.
So as soon as I've got a few free bucks to spend, I'm going to see if I
can mail order at lest one and plant it here. They list 6 places I can
get catalogs from and I already have one from Iris City.

BTW, I have one plant that I got from a ladys place on the North Shore
of Oahu, it has rhizome like Iris, it's leaves are narrower than most
Iris I've seen but I think it is of the Iris group, maybe an old garden
type, I've got photos of it's bloom if someone would like to try and ID
it. This one after moving it here almost died, but it's got one small
bunch of new green on one side and I water it each day. I hope to keep
it growing so I can add it to the rest of my plants including the
yellow k-mart Iris which now has seed pods on it.

Slc.Dennis Bishop Keeper of the Telescope FAQ / Owner of Dahlia-net.