Re: Getting the Blues

>Tetraploid genetics may be a bit more complicated than your statement would
>imply. Victoria Falls is prone to go over in many areas of the country,
>however it has produced some outstanding iris with no tendency to flop.
>Victoria Falls has a well documented habit of producing good rebloomers. A
>few descendents that I know of offhand are listed below to the second
>generation. If you go back to the third, the list becomes unwieldy.

6/28/96     8:09 A.M.

Your point is well taken. There is certainly more to iris genetics than my
comment would imply. I would also agree that VICTORIA FALLS has produced some
good offspring in the F2 and F3 generations. I feel that Schreiner's could
have used VF as a "bridge plant", meaning that it could be used in
hybridizing without formally introducing it.

At this point maybe it's best to let VF rest in peace.

Ted White
Minot, Maine
Zone 5