Re: Getting the Blues

>I have no explanation for how VICTORIA FALLS may be performing in the states
>you mention, but my point is that any iris that is prone to toppling over,
>especially in the hybridizer's own garden, really should not be in commerce.

For the sake of my difficult garden, where not many TBs perform well, I am
very grateful that VICTORIA FALLS is in commerce.  She outperforms CARIBBEAN
DREAM, MEMPHIS BLUES, HONKY TONK BLUES, FULL TIDE, BABBLING BROOK.

When YAQUINA BLUE, DELTA BLUES, BLENHEIM ROYAL, RIVERBOAT BLUES, JAZZ ME
BLUE, and OREGON SKIES get high enough on the AIS popularity parade, which
will mean that they make growers happy throughout the US and not just in the
northern states, and when they get low enough in cost that I can afford them,
I will give 'em a try.  So far, YAQUINA BLUE and BLENHEIM ROYAL are in 68th
and 74th place and have entered my price range.  VICTORIA FALLS is 15th.  She
is clearly VERY popular with AIS gardeners - of the blues, only HONKY TONK
BLUES ranks higher.

Linda Mann mann76543@aol.com east Tennessee USA