Re: iris season

>This flower sounds intriguing-tell us some more about height, foliage habit,
>The most important thing I learned at the MASS Medley was I couldn't pick a
>Sib. just by flower alone, there's a certain "look" I prefer...

Mystic Lagoon, Willott '94 (?) is a later flowering siberian of extraordinary
beauty.  The height is medium... believe it's a diploid... has an extended
bloom and does not appear to fall into the "male pattern baldness" growth
pattern (where the center dies and you have a ring of siberians).

I agree about the siberian "look".  I love the look I'm calling "antelope
style" like Snow Prince and Little Blue Sparkler... that tall, architectural
look with the long, erect standards resembling antelope horns.

But then, I also liked the big tets of Shafer/Sacks and Hollingworth... and
the delicate beauty of Stahly's seedling with the blue flashes.

Kathy Guest... who actually likes them ALL