Re: Blue Iris

>Patty Forster wrote:
>>
>> To all for help,
>>
>> Could anyone recommend a nice blue TB that would do well in my area?
>>
>> Appreciate any help.
>>
>> Patty Forster
>> Raleigh, NC

6/26/96     10:22 P.M.

Patty,

There are several excellent blue tall bearded irises that should do well in
North Carolina. A few that come to mind are from Schreiner's Gardens in
Salem, Oregon. You might consider their beautiful 1995 Dykes Medal winner
HONKY TONK BLUES, or CARIBBEAN DREAM, DELTA BLUES, CASCADE SPRINGS, YAQUINA
BLUE, and RIVERBOAT BLUES. All are basically blue selfs except for CASCADE
SPRINGS. This is a blue-white reverse amoena (blue standards, white falls). I
kept returning time and time again to view their spectacular clump of CS.

I attended the 1994 AIS National Convention in Portland, Oregon, and had the
opportunity to visit Schreiner's display garden twice. On both visits I was
highly impressed with the quality and vigor of their blue irises. In my
opinion, Schreiner's has hybridized and introduced the finest blue tall
bearded irises in existence today.

Ted White      Minot, Maine       USDA Zone 5       AIS Region 1