Re: is it worth planting irises in florida

john walker wrote:
> hey guys or gals. i was just wondering is it really worth the time
> and effort to try and grow bearded irises in florida. they seem to grow
> but hardly ever bloom. we do have cold winters but it doesnt last long.
> could that be the problem....sincerely john....

If the partial lack of winter (rather than constant high humidity) is
the problem, then autumn rebloomers could be the solution. They don't
need a winter (cold &/or short day) to bloom. Mesmerizer might be worth
trying, since it seems to bloom frequently in Los Angeles.