Japanese Iris Convention

Hello Everyone:

Someone asked for a report on the JI Convention in St. Louis.  I was there,
but don't have time to give a detailed report.  Suffice it to say that it
was successful, though the weather was VERY HOT AND HUMID!

The least successful aspect of the convention, in my opinion, was the show.
There were only a few entries.  Queen of Show was a Spuria [!!!]: IMPERIAL
SUN.

The Best JI in the show was AZURE RUFFLES.  Best Louisiana was BLACK
GAMECOCK (which is obviously grown quite extensively in St. Louis...I saw
it in quite a few gardens).  The Second Best JI was FRILLED ENCHANTMENT.
Best seedling in the show was a Siberian...but I didn't record the number.

It was a nice event. We saw some great gardens, and met some nice people.

Tom Dillard
Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
Zone 7B