attaching pix to messages

Dennis writes

:I am attaching a picture to this message.  I hope everyone can
:appreciate a man with hair, since I now have very little left.  It this
:pix  works, I would be glad to attach garden or personal pix of
:everyone. I have a scanner and Photoshop software. If any of you have
:similar, post pix of yourselfs and iris shots.

Dennis, of course, has no way of knowing this, but the idea of attaching
pictures to iris-l postings has come up before.

The bottom line: *Please don't.*

Many subscribers do not have the software needed to receive, decode,
and view pictures, and the bandwith used to transmit them can cause
problems. This is NOT a "binaries" mailing list.

If there is a lot of interest in sharing pictures, I would be willing
to put a "cyber coark board" on my gardening pages to display photos
from subscribers, on a temporary/rotating basis.

Let me know if you are interested.

Happy irising, Tom.