Linda (and anyone else):

To get into the hosta robin, send an e-mail request to Kevin Walek
(Giboshiman@aol.com) and he will take it from there... and by that I mean
he'll check your name against the American Hosta Society membership
rolls...then provide you with a mailing list to post to.  I BELIEVE there's a
convention going on right now, so be patient.

The Hosta Robin...(and daylily and iris) require/request a bio as a means of
introduction.  On this list, we ask each new member to put together a short
introductory bio and post it to the list.  I collect them and send them to
Tom when I have a group (Tom, will send the latest after 1 or 2 more
additions).  Tom compiles them in alpha order and posts the entire list every
so often so that the new folks can get up to speed.  Your bio does NOT have
to be your life story... but should basically describe you as it relates to

I mailed  "geek pins" last night to:
Linda Mann
Dennis Stoneburner
Lois Rose
Betty Coyle
and a special "founder" pin to TTL

Made pins as well for Mike Lowe with his new address and Larry Douchette...
but I'm basically lazy so I wish they'd both send me their snail mail address
so I don't have to look them up!

The WNYIS is planning for the first ever Japanese Iris Show in Region 2.  The
show is scheduled for July 6th in East Aurora, NY  (e-mail me for directions
and show program).
Judging will be Clarence Mahan, Kathyguest and a 3rd TBD.  Also included will
be the Niagara Frontier Koi & Pond Club (or the "fish folk" as I call them),
the Ohara School of Ikebana (is that for Irish-Japanese-Americans?) and I'm
working on the bonsai folks and the local Japanese organization who is
restoring a Japanese garden in Buffalo at the Historical Museum.

Following the show, Clarence will give Japanese Iris training in the Guest
garden, and then everyone's invited to stay for a picnic dinner!

A splendid time is guaranteed for all!