Gerry Snyder wrote:
> DavidS1812@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > Every photograph I have seen of CUP RACE and every flower I have grown has
> > always been a pale blue white.
> >
> > Dave Silverberg
> Well, it was registered as a "pure white self."
> Gerry

Chris writes:

In written iris descriptions you will often find descriptions using
adjectives to further define the tint or tone of a color. Such as "pale
blue-white". In this case it simply means that the iris is white, but
further it is a white with a pale blue tone to it, sometimes known as a
"cool white". There are many shades/tones of white as a color and this
is one way of trying to more accurately describe the tone of white that
it is.
Christopher Hollinshead
Mississauga, Ontario  Canada  zone6b
Director, Canadian Iris Society