Susan Comstock biography

Hi, I'm Susan Comstock from Seattle, Washington. I fell in love with irises
years ago while living in Virginia, where irises grew wild and filled the
air with their amazing sweet scent.

I grow mostly tall bearded iris, some MDB's, IB's, and Siberians. I have a
few antique irises, and a lot of the purple "specimen" type that seems to
be everywhere -- these came from a friend in Yakima, WA. I also have Dutch
iris, and will probably plant some PCI's this fall. I have a small yard, so
at this point I'm shoehorning new plants!

I have gotten most of my irises from the King County Iris Society's sales;
I joined the KCIS about a year ago. I haven't been able to attend any
meetings so far, but I have been very pleased with their newsletters, and
I did help at the information table at the spring show.

I'm looking forward to discussions about irises --

Susan Comstock

     Zanshin means nothing more than having a tranquil Heart and no longer
allowing oneself to be overpowered by things.  If the Heart is tranquil,
then reactions are clear. --Chozan Shissai, TENGU GEIJUTSU RON.