Hello from hot Virginia.  After reading Sharons Bio, it dawned on me
that I never did one, so here goes.

As a small child, my parents introduced me to gardening of all types. I
really loved mom's irises, and had the wonderful job of helping tend to
them every year. I learned to dig and divide and even dip them in DDT (I
never did) to prevent bugs.  She enjoyed sharing the Schreiners and
Cooleys booklets each spring and ordered something each year.  My
favorite was Winter Olympics, Opal Brown's Dykes Medal Winner.  I still
remember the huge clump blooming.
After I was married, Karen and I had small gardens everywhere we lived,
until 1988, I attended a local Iris show and became a member and hooked
for life. I turned my backyard into a huge garden and was on Spring
Regional tour the next year.  Since then, I have been Chapter President
twice, Local editor and membership chairman, Regional Photo Chairman,
and Regional Editor of "Newscast".  I grow MDB, SDB,IB,BB,MTB,AB(NOT FOR
LONG THO)TB, SIB, LA, SPEC, and PCN(It the seeds will ever germinate) I
have done some hybridizing with no intros (yet).
I love Photography, Gardening, eating, Computing, watching movies
with surround sound, and camping.
I have 2 children, Brian, 24 serving in Saudia Arabia in the USAF, and
Julie, 20 serving in Norfolk aboard the Resolute AFDN-10, USN.
Karen and I have been married 25 years (tuesday). I am employed with
Eastman Kodak (30 years.)
I am attaching a picture to this message.  I hope everyone can
appreciate a man with hair, since I now have very little left.  It this
pix  works, I would be glad to attach garden or personal pix of
everyone. I have a scanner and Photoshop software. If any of you have
similar, post pix of yourselfs and iris shots.

Regards, Dennis Stoneburner, drstone@roanoke.infi.net

JPEG image