Re: wont to know about daylily-l

John - the "daylily-l", as you call it, is actually a daylily robin with
approximately 200 members.  It functions very much like the iris-L, except
that you MUST belong to the American Hemerocallis Society since they sponsor
the group.

One difference that I notice is that all the big hybridizers are either ON
the daylily robin, or making plans to get on soon; this means Kirchhoff and
Morss, Stamiles (coming), Trimmer, Hansen, Carr, Salters, etc.

This spring members of the daylily robin planned a trip to Florida - the
hotbed of daylily hybridizing, the way the west coast is for irises.  About
30 folks gathered together during peak bloom and were feted in grand style by
the people of that Region.  Great fun - and an example the kind of medium
we're working in.  Other projects have been the compilation of a number of
lists:  best small daylily, eyed, large, early, late, etc.

I'm getting lost in the subject, but what I mean to say is that these lists
are a VALUABLE resource and medium and can be used to further the knowledge
of our favorite subject very rapidly.

... and there's also a GREAT hosta robin!

Kathy Guest... lovin' life