Re: help - rotten pod stalks

> If the seed
>pod is at least half way to harvest you should have fairly good luck.

Thanks Dave - I haven't done this enough to know how close to harvest it is.
 The stalk is shriveled all the way to the base of the pod, but the pod is
green as a gourd (whatever that means - anyway, it's green and hard).  Should
I try to cut the base of the pod and stick it in sugar water?  I also have
some of that liquid bloom feeding solution - no idea what's in it though.

I suspect the base of the stalk started rotting a while ago, but I didn't
notice until the day it fell over.  Bloom was mid to late May - is this
likely to be half way to harvest?

Sniff, snivle, it is one of my two intentional crosses that actually worked -
BEHOLD A LADY X DESERT REALM! wahhh.  Tom, tell me it would have made ugly