Re: no bloom

Linda writes

:Should I try more fertilizer?  Or, are there some irises out there that don't
:perform?  I'm ready to give up and just enjoy the foliage -- especially now
:that I've read about the exciting hybrids growing in your gardens!!

It's hard to say what the problem might be. Perhaps they are planted to
deeply--soil should just barely cover the rhizome, or leave it partly
exposed. If it's been five years, they probably need dividing again, but
that would not explain the scarcity of bloom in previous years. The
locations sound OK.

Irises do sometimes disappoint by not blooming, and some varieties are
more floriferous than others, but since you have *20* clumps with no
bloom (and little for the previous 4 years), I think it must be something
in the growing conditions.

???

Any other ideas, folks?