Re: spelling....

Ellen writes

:        I spelled it (gads) Dr. Rodienko leaving out a whole syllable.....
:        I'm surprised the spelling police didn't get me on that - I was pro-
:        bably given the benefit of the doubt on a foreign name or nobody
:        caught it? I knew Clarence can spell it as well as Tom?

Yes, I can spell it. Because I am an editor by profession, one thing I
have to do to keep my sanity is to refrain from endulging in unsolicited
editing. When I see a typo, I chant a mantra and try to dissolve myself
into the cosmic void and find my inner peace. That keeps me quiet for awhile.

Of course, if someone *asks* me to correct a piece of writing, they will
get an outpouring of information and opinion that bears little evidence
of any inner peace whatsoever.