new subscriber bio

I was really excited to find this discussion group.  Other people who are
addicted to iris!  I'm from Atascadero, CA (about halfway between San
Francisco and Los Angeles--zone 8 or 9).  I have a great husband who
patiently digs more iris beds out of our grassy hillside every July and
August.  I have a seven-year-old who is already picking out names for the
irises that I hope to someday figure out how to hybridize.  My six-year-old
is tending an enormous patch of pumpkins which he planted and watered all by
himself.  The three-year-old loves to pick my flowers, but she recognizes the
irises and leaves them alone.  Now if only I can get my eighteen-month-old to
stop bringing me the tags she finds in my iris beds, life would be much
simpler.  Fortunately, I learned the trick of making a map of my iris
plantings before I had too many mix-ups.

Right now I'm growing about 100 varieties of mostly modern TBs.  But I'm
getting really interested in the historics. I've been in the AIS two or three
years now and just joined HIPS this year.  What a great newsletter they have!
 I've learned a lot there and I'm looking forward to learning a lot here.