Re: hybridizers

Carolyn writes

:A fellow LISTner and I were wondering about the current address of the
:following Hybridizers:  Professional gossiping here -- what's the
:current news of each -- anyone with info please contribute:
:

:Hagar

(spelled "Hager", by the way). Ben Hager is semi-retired now, but still
introducing through Adamgrove. He has perhaps the most wide-ranging interest
of any hybridizer. He used to say it was his goal to win the highest award
for *each* category of iris. Does anyone know if he succeeded? He's
probably best known for some Dykes-winning TBs (Beverly Sills, Edith
Wolford), but I think one of his biggest accomplishments was the creation
and development of the tetraploid MTBs).

:Linda Miller

Probably best known for her work with the MDBs. She's done some creative
breeding in this area. She's also active in society business, to a
degree I find almost unbelievable. Are her days 50 hours each?

:Boswell

Carl Boswell hybridizes medians, but is particularly recognized for
his arilbred medians, having won the William Mohr award/medal several
times over. He introduces through Adamgrove.

Not too juicy, I know, but I hope it's a little useful.