Thank You, Iris Fans

Good day, iris fans!
	(Sorry, but yes - it's a pun. An original??? Probably not....)
	Thanks for several good responses on whether or not cutting back the
iris fans is a good idea.  Seems the general consensus is to NOT cut the fans
back, letting nature take it's course until the end of the growing season. At
that time, cutting fans back is pretty much RECOMMENDED.
	We plan to just remove any dead leaves in the interim and only trim
those that we are digging up (for our iris sale, etc.) until the frost is on
the pumpkins. Then we will trim them all. (We only have about 175 varieties;
I only wish we had the problem of having 2500 varieties, as mentioned in one
response!!! Boy, do I ever!!!) They look so nice when "manicured" in this
fashion, but it makes sense to me that the plants might do better if left
alone until they go into hibernation.
Jim Schroetter
Fredericksburg, VA where our last few Japanese iris are blooming. STRUT AND
FLOURISH, SEA OF AMYTHEST and HUE AND CRY. Rats! Almost the end of the bloom
season again. :-(