"invasive" species

Clarence,

So is that what I should be growing around my pond--species?  Your
species are more than welcome to storm my pond.  I think they would look
quite attractive down there, as long as they aren't an invasive nuisance
like I. pseudacorus.  And as long as they don't mind that I can't tell
which is I. virginica and which is I. versicolor.  If they are happy at
my place, Dennis may be out of luck.

Lois Rose, who is enjoying the peak of the Japanese bloom in central
Virginia