I just realized that some folks on the list may not be familiar
with some of the winning cultivars & their breeders - being a Siberian
lover, I forget not all are (yet).
Foster Cup for Best Siberian Guest:
1. LORENA CRONIN (Art Cronin '96) purple with big white blaze, 24 in.
2. MESA PEARL (Bauer-Coble '94) Pale lavender - falls have darker
veins in center.
3. CARELESS SALLY (Schafer/Sacks '96) large flower with a blend of
rose, blue and yellow (catalog description - better than mine)
McEwen Cup for best Siberian seedling:
1. Schafer/Sacks (missed # - they had 32 seedlings with similar #'s)
Tiffney Cup for Best Species Guest:
1. HOLDEN'S CHILD (Tiffney '91) red-purple
2. ROY DAVIDSON (Hager '87) yellow - falls lightly veined brown
3. AQUATIC ALLIANCE (Reid '94) SPECX I. versicolor x I. laevigata
Warburton Cup for Best Species seedling:
1. Tamberg (that is all I got)
Richard Kiyomoto, President of Species Iris Group of North America
(SIGNA), gave the species' show-bench training and Hal Stahly gave
the Siberian garden judge training...I think my previous post made
it sound like Hal gave all the training.