Re: New Iris Bed

Patty, before you put composted horses manure into your beds, think about
what is good for your iris right now.  If they like it dry and non-humusey,
don't put it in, if your weather is dry, and they get lots of sunshine and they
go truely dormant in winter, go ahead.  My suggestion if you do use it is
to put it DEEEEEEEEP so that the roots have a place to go and you are not
endangering the rhizome at the top.  18 inches is not too deep, and layer
the soil on top of that rather than mix it in.
	That would be my advise.  Do not allow the rhizomes to lie in humusey
Carolyn Schaffner... in Buffalo, NY where it's heavily misting out there.