Re: favorites and Ajax

>Where do you live that you have so much trouble with rot?  What are=20
>     your favorite irises? Not necessarily rebloomers or TBs. Which ones=20
>     have you had the least amount of trouble from?

Suzette - one of the reasons we are supposed to sign our posted messages with
where we live is to answer your first question - see below -  the reasons for
the trouble with rot are that my garden is in a frost pocket, we get about
50" rain/yr, my soil is a rich organic loam, and I refuse to spend time out
paring, clipping, soaking, spraying, and dusting iris.

As those who've been on the list for awhile know by now, I am determined to
find TBs that will do well here in spite of my abuse and neglect - so far the
ones that are tops for me are Dusky Challenger, Vanity, Classico, Desert
Realm - check the iris-L archives if you want more.  BUT, you really need to
get advice from people who garden near you.  Conditions vary so much
throughout the country.

Anybody know if the iris name Ajax The Less was named for not needing to be

Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com e. TN usa