Re: Cutting back fans

I'm sure there will be a zillion answers to that one, and I'm no expert....
but the general concensus from what I've read is that it's best to leave them
growing during the summer, and then when it gets cold enough that they
obviously are done for the year, cut them back so that the bed is nice and
clean for winter.  Also, if you are digging & transplanting any, then cut
them back at that time for easier handling and to reduce surface area on the
leaves to make up for any roots that were lost.  Don't know if that makes
sense but that's what I've been told.   :-)