Re: STARLIT VELVET, other clump formers?

>A rapid increaser, but doesn't
>demand dividing to keep on performing!

Sounds like my kind of iris - grows fast enough to share, but willing to make
a big beautiful clump for my own enjoyment.   Has anybody in the southern
freeze zone tried STARLIT VELVET?

Anybody on the list want to share their favorite monsoon surviving tall
bearded iris that make nice clumps without needing dividing to keep on
blooming?   My impression is that a lot of MTB's make good clumps, but most
of my tough TBs don't.  One of the reasons I like Desert Realm so much is
because it clumps so well.  So does Vitafire, Pegasus Parade, Titan's Glory
(which is too early to bloom reliably here), Vanity, Lacy Snowflake, Dusky
Flare.  Fiesta Song did for a while.  Looks like Behold a Lady would if I
would leave it alone for a while - she is too short to suit me though.
 Orange Slices did for a while - then it thinned itself by the old reliable
method of rotting 2//3 of the clump.  Cherry Smoke is a huge, dense, clump of
foliage - not many bloomstalks for all that growth.

Before I catch my usual lecture about blaming the cultivar, let me say up
front that I know most of the lack of clumping is because MY GROWING
CONDITIONS ARE TERRIBLE.  But I hear other people (including a judge or two)
fuss about it some.

I saw a nice clump of Before the Storm - wonder if it does that regularly?
 Any late blooming dark purples that clump well?  I just got SOUTHLAND GRAPE
this spring - it looked like it might be a clumper.

hmm - too much caffeine this am - talkin' too much!